About the Manual

The Nerd Manual is meant to be both a useful resource for nerds and a guide for the people involved with nerds. If you're a nerd you can find information here that will help you improve your life and perhaps better understand yourself. If you're close friends with, dating, or married to a nerd, I want to give you insight into things nerds do that a lot of people have difficulty understanding.


I hope to avoid offending anyone--either nerd or non-nerd--but please understand that the manual will get into some sensitive topics, stray into contentious territories, and even use stereotypes to illustrate points. It's OK to disagree with something, but keep your comments civil.

2020-06-10

Nerd Toys: Vintage Microscope

Some people like vintage cars, others like vintage computers, I like vintage microscopes.

I just received my AO Spencer Series 4 microscope. It's in good shape, and I got it because I don't see Series 4 models around much. Now that I have it though, I question the wisdom of my choice because I need to clean and adjust a few things but I can't find a manual for it anywhere.

There's a great microscope support group over at Microbe Hunter, so if you're into microscopy of any sort, you should take a look and consider joining their forum.


(Photos below this point might not be pretty, but take a look if you're interested in the inner parts of a microscope. They're here because I need to ask some questions about the scope and I'm hosting my images on the Nerdmanual so I don't eat up Microbe Hunter's server space.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are actively moderated. Keep it civil.